Speed Week 2023
Lake Gairdner South Australia
Monday 20th March to Friday 24th March 2023
The DLRA conducts its annual Speed Week at Lake Gairdner in South Australia. It's straight line speed on "the big white dyno", as fast as you can go on a salt lake in the remote Australian outback. There is no setting like it anywhere in the world, it is a truly unique event in a spectacular location. There is an amazing range of cars, motorcycles and trucks dating from the turn of the century to modern day.
Spectators are welcome, but you need to be pretty much self sufficient.
|13/05/2022||Photos of the Lake by Russell Reading taken on 20/04/2022 https://www.dlra.org.au/2022-01.htm
|11/05/2022||Aerial photos of the lake from Phil Cvirn 04/05/2022 https://www.dlra.org.au/2022-01.htm
New for 2023, the idea for the Golden Ticket came about as a way to raise / retain funds for the club and provide something that the entrants have been asking for.
|25/04/2022||Outback Road Warnings 8.17 AM Iron Knob Road Temporarily closed due to rains - reassess Wed 27/04
|19/04/2022||Photos of the lake from Trevor Beck Easter 2022 https://www.dlra.org.au/2022-01.htm
|04/03/2022||Photos of the lake from Vincent Racing Team https://www.dlra.org.au/2022-01.htm
Helmets with a Snell rating label of 2010 have now expired on January 1, 2022.
Helmets with a SA2015 or M2015 still have 4 years of life left. If you are buying a new helmet, look for the SA 2020 or M2020 certification.
Speed Week 2022 Entrants have the option to roll over their fees to the 2023 event, but they still need to complete a Speed Week 2023 Entry Form.
I'm just leaving this here for the moment, until we are assured that it will no longer be required.
All participants entering the the lake must sign in on the CONTACT TRACING RECORD and provide the date and time that they attended Speed Week as well as their name, phone number, and email address. This information will be used for the purposes of contract tracing only and will not be shared or sold to a third party.
If you cannot or choose not to provide your details and sign the agreement, access to the event will respectfully be refused.
We are currently pursuing Sponsors for this event, if you or your organisation are looking for a great event to support please read the Sponsors Information
To enter Speed Week
|Join, or renew, your membership
• You must be a DLRA member to enter Speed Week
• There is a once off joining fee to be a member of the club, this includes subscription for that year.
• Existing members will be receive a renewal notice to pay their annual subscription.
|Complete your entry on-line (or download a form)
• First thing to do is nominate for your VOLUNTEER DUTY When you apply on-line you will be given a code to use on your entry form. If you don't apply on-line nominate for a job and a day and this will be confirmed by the coordinator.
(Your entry form is not compete without nominating for at least one job)
• Entry Form Clearly filled out & signed by Owner & Drivers / Riders.
• If you are competing with same vehicle in another class, fill out the Additional Class entry form (to qualify for an entry discount)
then when you get to the salt, set up in the pits, and then
• Registration Van opens Friday afternoon and then 7.00am till 6.00pm each day.
• All Entrants (no substitutes) must present at Registration to pick up your entry pack containing a copy of your entry, a tech inspection sheet, program, wrist bands. Highly recommended for crew to attend as well.
|Go to Technical Inspection
• Tech Inspection opens Friday Afternoon
• You must take your DLRA Vehicle Log Book
• All Drivers / Riders with their personal safety gear must present at Tech Inspection. Remember to check the compliance labels and dates on your gear.
• Tender vehicles must be presented at the same time for inspection, fitted with all safety equipment.
• Return Inspection Sheet(s) to Registration to get your Inspection Sticker, no sticker - no race
• No Alcoholic Beverages in Inspection area during business hours
|Attend the Entrants Briefing
Entries for the 33rd Annual 2023 Speed Week will open in October 2022. As entries are received they will be added to this list.
- Pre-Entries will close approx 1 month prior to the event, late entries incur a late entry fee after that date.
- Record Speeds shown in BLUE are the highest speed attained for that class from all previous years
or have never had a vehicle register a speed for that class and are considered Open.
- Speeds shown to 3 decimal places, speeds to be confirmed by Timer.
- P.B. (Personal Best) is for that entrant, in that class.
- VR* - those entrants marked with an "*" have nominated for the Volunteers Register (Note: All entrants are expected to nominate for at least one shift doing something)
- Not Active - these entrants have not paid their 2023 DLRA subscription fee yet. Their results will not be recorded in the official results until such time that the fees are paid. Members can pay their fees at the Registration Caravan in the pits.
|VR *||Vehicle #||Vehicle
Thank you to our very generous and supportive Speed Week Sponsors
Interested in becoming a sponsor? Contact our Marketing Manager - firstname.lastname@example.org
Support the DLRA