Bike: Roller or Racer

List Land Speed and Salt Lake items you want to buy here

Moderators: DLRA, WANTED

Jimmy99

Bike: Roller or Racer

Post by Jimmy99 »

Hi there, i am looking for a bike, something a first timer might be able to build on. I have some mechanical background and i can handle rebuilds, fuel ignition, suspension, brakes. Some welding and mods, but less full on frame fabrication (as least for now) and i wanna run in 2022. I am 50 in 2022 and this is my gift to myself. Mainly I just want to ride, but hey, wouldn't mind my name in the books (at some point) before i get too old :shock:

I am in Vic. I dont have a huge budget, so not looking for the all alloy, pro fuel, super charged, injected, fully streamlined with air con trailer :D
BONES

Re: Bike: Roller or Racer

Post by BONES »

Hey Jimmy
" I'm looking for a bike to race"
That covers a lot of ground. Best get the rule book (download) and have a look at the classes and records.
Some classes are open ( no record set) some are doable and some are hard.
Modified class is your best bet. You can ride a street bike with the appropriate mods.

cheers Bones
Jimmy99

Re: Bike: Roller or Racer

Post by Jimmy99 »

Thanks, yeah was trying to keep it open, just see whats out there. We've been looking at the book and getting a few ideas, watching local bike sales. We have a CBR250RR in the shed not doing much, but i think so many have already done so much more than we could on these.