PLEASE HELP ME WITH BIKE CLASSIFICATION

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

JAMIEA

PLEASE HELP ME WITH BIKE CLASSIFICATION

Post by JAMIEA »

Hello all , I am desperately trying to understand what class my bike will be eligible for .
I have a 1993 TZ250GP a Yamaha production road race 2 stroke bike (non road registrable).
I have tried to decipher the rulings on the DLRA website but am struggling to understand where this bike sits .
Please help me get started any help will be very much appreciated .
Thanks
Stayt`ie

Re: PLEASE HELP ME WITH BIKE CLASSIFICATION

Post by Stayt`ie »

G'day JamieA,, in the motorcycle section of the DLRA Rule book, Rule #7F Modified Production states :- These classes "Do Not" include factory produced road racing or any other specialized racing or models,,

Rule #7G Special Construction states :- This class "Includes" factory produced road racing or other racing works models,,

From this I would suggest that your bike will run in the Special Construction category,,

if you choose to run Open Class (naked) your class designation will read 250 - A - (G or F) (depending on which fuel you run),

now if you choose to run Partial Streamlined (faired) your class designation will read 250 - APS - (G or F)

Questions ? fire away :)
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
JAMIEA

Post by JAMIEA »

Thanks mate , that gives me an idea of where I stand . I'll have a look at the rule book and see what I can and cant do and see what the record is (not that I will be shooting for top spot) but I want to see if what I should expect . Thanks I really appreciate your help here I will defiantly shoot you some questions in time if thats OK.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

happy to help :D
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
BONES

Post by BONES »

Hey Jamie
Good to have another TZ out at the lake.
I don't want to jinx you, but the 250 A records are very dooable.
Just remember to start RICH. It is wide open for a LONG time
The V twin will go well. I keep thinking about making a chassis for my A model.
cheers Bones
JAMIEA

Post by JAMIEA »

Thanks Mate , Yeah its a dream at the moment but everything starts with a dream .
JAMIEA

Post by JAMIEA »

My intake for carb on my front cylinder is situated at the front of the engine below the centre line of the front tyre . So it is in a area where derby from the front tyre heads straight into the carb bell mouth . This is not a problem on a race track but I would expect it to ingest salt when on the lake .
My question is.
If I were to run in 250 A/G ( I understand this to be special construction , unfaired , gasoline ) can I run ducting towards my carb intake to raise the place air is feed into this front cylinder legally ?
thanks
AuotonomousRX

Post by AuotonomousRX »

Hi there Jamiea, it's great to see another smoker making an appearance, and look forward to seeing you at Speedweek.

It looks like you have the Rule Book, it's a good idea to download and print out the Rule Book and read it several times, it is a lot to take in.

I suggest you then get in the habit of contacting our Chief Motorcycle Inspector for any Rules questions like the one above, https://www.dlra.org.au/contacts.htm, that way you can discuss what you're doing with Graham.

The Forum is a great place to share what we are all doing, maybe start a post in the Build Diaries.

Cheers

Pete. :)
Still trying to decide if I am a procrastinator

Pete :?
DLRA #866