V8 CHEVY MOTORHOME FOR SALE

List your Land Speed and Salt Lake cars and parts for sale here

Moderators: DLRA, FOR SALE

Reverend Hedgash

V8 CHEVY MOTORHOME FOR SALE

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Yep,

it's crunch time. My raunchy Chevy C30 Custom Motorhome is up for sale. You know the one, that cool Red number that has served us well as base camp for a number of years.

It has done the Gairdner trip a number of times from Melbourne and a number of times we ended up with Stewie under the bonnet. One trip even made the club magazine.

But then Dr Go replaced the engine with a new crate Chevy Vortec V8 and it has run a treat since. Recently I lent it to a mate for his Honeymoon who spent a month going up to Cairns and back. A tyre blowout his only woe.

It was originally built by a Speedway guy to tow his car to the track, race and stay the night with the kids then drive back the next day. It sleeps four (double bed over the cabin, bunks in the back). It has a toilet, shower, oven, stove all in good nick, but the fridge has probably had the dick, well it will need regassing at least. I'd be getting a new fangled one as they are so much better than the old ones.

It runs on dual fuel and goes about the same cost as my V6 commodore on petrol so not too bad.

I love the truck and it is a great shame that it has to go, having had a baby and staring at working overseas again, it is just sitting there gathering spiders and I don't want to see it get old; it needs to be used and loved!

It needs a tidy up for rego:

new muffler and exhaust (easy)
new side window (easy)
new front right tyre (easy)
gas tanks need retesting (easy)
Crack in windscreen (easy)

It would be fantastic to see it continue the DLRA circuit, it certainly did us well there.

I reckon $13 000 is cheap (heart breakingly so) but its got to go. (it's even cheap for a C30 WITHOUT a motorhome on the back...)

Go to our Landracing build site for a photo, scroll down to middle:

http://www.landracing.com/forum/index.p ... 62.30.html

The truck is currently in Pomborneit, Victoria.

Dik
DLRA Member#412
Rob

Post by Rob »

I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
Reverend Hedgash

Thanks Rob.

Dik
DLRA Member#412
Reverend Hedgash

Re: V8 CHEVY MOTORHOME FOR SALE

Went to the farm and started the old girl up, started straight away, gee that's a nice engine!

Gave it a good clean inside and out, ready to put up in various mags for sale.

It is really going to be sad to see her go. Even Lady Hedgash was talking about what little work was required to hop her up...

Dr Goggles asked if it were possible to use to tow to Speedweek again this year... tempting!

d
DLRA Member#412