full door net

Moderator: DLRA

Norm

full door net

Post by Norm »

Looking at the new rule (full door net) I have been asking around were to get one and I have been told that no one makes them. Any advice who can supply them or is it a custom job. Speaking with Garry he mabe able to help me out

Yes I know you can get a window net but to me its a silly rule if you cant buy one.
Rob

Re: full door net

Post by Rob »

G'day Norm,

Deist will manufacture to your requirements, I spoke to them on this exactly when I was there last year. All Ihad to do was email or fax them the desired measurements.

http://deist.com/contact_us.html

Ph. 0011 1 818 240 7866, their fax is 240 7866

Make sure you get a postage quote before they send it over so you don't get a shock.

Hope this helps,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
JonB

Post by JonB »

Any full door net is likely to be a custom job I recon.
Try Aussie Trackwear for a local maker of SFI gear.

http://www.aussietrackwear.com.au/index.htm

Cheers
Jon
DLRA#1115
Underhouse Engineering
IN2VWS

Post by IN2VWS »

I am trying to understand this new door net rule.

Is this for ALL cars, regardless of how slow I will be going? My car is a 75 mph beast.

As all cars are different along with the shapes of the roll cages and doors.......These will only be available as custom made items.......which are not available in Australia??????
David Leikvold

Post by David Leikvold »

You could try Aerospec Racing Products at Shailer Park in Brisbane on 07 3801 2330. I haven't used them myself but I saw them at the Winternationals a while back and their products looked good. Apparently they do custom nets.

Cheers
Dave :D
Good, Fast, Cheap, pick any two!
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Thanks for that tip Dave.
I think in many cases a full window net is not required
My interperitation of that rule is if your cage stucture is such that your legs are protected/ restrained by cage a top half net is sufficient. These are readily available.
The trick is to make them drop out of the way so they don't fall on you and get you tangled as you try to exit.

Many of us race once a year or have never raced and the last thing that we "add on" in the final thrash to get there is the safety gear. Please guys make time towards the end to practice with the full kit on. It is cumbersome and unfamiliar so practice both belting in and adjusting everything and more importantly a quick exit. This is mandated as a blindfold test in a set time with some forms of racing.
On the startline I am often needing to show newbys how their gear works and how to adjust it so for your own sakes dedicate a bit a of time to practice how to save you own arse.

Chris
Chris