Auto Verses Manual

Moderator: DLRA

jamiepl

Auto Verses Manual

Post by jamiepl »

Hi everyone,
I have been a member for a while now and have read with interest of the goings on with the members racers.
I am currently preparing all the parts to assemble my car to run in the E/Pro catergory and would like to hear from both sides of the automatic verses manual gearbox debate.
I am keen to put in a th700r4 (No computer required) with a lock up converter and big oil cooler.
With the engine revs limited to 5500rpm and less than 350hp on tap I hope it should be a reliable package.
Experience will beat enthusiasm, so i won't mind being called a Nutbag if you've been down that road and been burned, I value your input!
Cheers!! :mrgreen:
big chook

Re: Auto Verses Manual

Post by big chook »

Hi mate , if you want to get the max speed outta your car manual is the only way to go , there have been cars that ran with an auto 1 year returned the next with a manual and picked up 10-15MPH , a good trans and lock-up convertor will help but you will still loose Top end MPH , some other members may have other opinions but this is mine . cheers Mick ps goodluck with your project .
jamiepl

Re: Auto Verses Manual

Post by jamiepl »

Thanks Mick, that's the sort or response i hoped to get!
Cheers, Jamie