Where to run in engine?

Moderator: DLRA

HotelBushranger

Where to run in engine?

Post by HotelBushranger »

G'day guys,

Got a '50 BSA ZB31 350cc engine that I bought at auction and plan to build up for the flats, came with a frame but that's all of the bike that I've got. I'm planning to build a custom frame for it, so I'm just thinking; where can I run the engine in? Once it's all done and in the new frame, I doubt it would be able to get regoed for the road, so I guess my options would be to have a seperate, engineless regoed bike to pop the engine into, or just find a few long roads and hope I don't come across any coppers :D What do you guys do?

Cheers
zork

Re: Where to run in engine?

Post by zork »

Build it , dyno or ride it. You have no location? I build pommy bikes and really running in is not an issue anymore. Oils aint oils.
Mossy

Post by Mossy »

On my Thunderbird I just gave it a couple of thou more piston clearance.
Cheers Mossy
DLRA # 959
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

take it to a few ride/classic track days. I took the Vespa to a Broadford ride day and went in the lower level group. I was not intending to thrash it except for along the straight to see what the top speed was. There was no issue with my speed and a few of the bigger bikes were going slower than me ;) You'd have no problem just blatting around at your own pace.
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
HotelBushranger

Post by HotelBushranger »

Fair enough, good idea! Shame that the racetrack in Perth is an absolute disgrace :(