KIWI'S going to Bonneville next year (2013)

Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

BOB ELLIS

KIWI'S going to Bonneville next year (2013)

Post by BOB ELLIS »

These guys are going to have a go at Burts record,click on the link below to read.(In todays NZ Herald).

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/artic ... d=10853753

Hope the link works!
Bob.
Stayt`ie

Re: KIWI'S going to Bonneville next year (2013)

Post by Stayt`ie »

ummmm interesting,, the yanks have tried and failed due to crashing, or blowing there motors, :twisted:,, i recon a Kiwi has the best chance, especially with Burt up there watching on, :lol: ,,, but, on a 59 Trumpy :shock: i think it wont happen next year, :roll: ,, i wish 'em well with the "attempt",,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
zork

Post by zork »

Could be the year for The Triumph with the Gyronaut X1 trying to be ready for 2013. Would be a bit sad to see Burt knocked off though.
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hang on..........

that is Eric Noyes and John Buddenbaum's "Buddfab" streamliner which holds various FIM records and ran 152mph with a blown 50cc Aprilia, and unless I'm mistaken that shot is from Paso Robles or Pebble Beach or something similar.

Pretty shit effort by whoever put that article together to not only misappropriate their photo but to not have a pic of the right bike......no offence to you Bob but getting the facts straight ain't that hard, and it's what you should do if you're getting paid.....

How would I know that?
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

BTW here is Kent Riches account of his attempt at the supposedly "cursed" record of Burt's....

I set the gas record and Vesco told me not to run on Burts record, it was cursed. Ah what the heck, curse smurse, so I ran on it any way. It was a pretty spectacular 217mph crash they tell me. I left debris for over a mile. I still don?t believe in black cats and voodoo crap but I will leave Burts record alone. Out of respect of course.
Kent
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..