ceramic coating

List Land Speed and Salt Lake items you want to buy here

Moderators: DLRA, WANTED

hawkwind

ceramic coating

Post by hawkwind »

Anyone know where I can purchase some ceramic high temp coating ( not hi temp paint) Contacted aussie companies who do this work, they are only interested in doing the job not suppling the material.... contacted companies in the USA who sell the coating ..... they either refer me back to the aussie companies or say they cannot air freight it, or its all to much of a problem for a liter or two of coating to bother with.

Cheers
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio
DLRA 112

Re: ceramic coating

Post by DLRA 112 »

Why not just get Jet Hot to do it for you ?
Member DLRA 112.
gennyshovel

Post by gennyshovel »

It only cost me about $30 per piston when I had it done a few years back, money well spent I say (I wish I had done the 250 before the melt down, it would have been the buffer zone I needed to make it to the timers, maybe?)
Tiny
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
hawkwind

Post by hawkwind »

Guys the whole reason I want the stuff is so I can do it myself ......I have all that is required and the skill to do it myself ....... The stuff sells for $ 25 a liter in the US....why do I want to pay someone else to do it for big $$$ ....... Pissed off that the industry and suppliers conspire to keep it all in house :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

hawkwind wrote:Guys the whole reason I want the stuff is so I can do it myself ......I have all that is required and the skill to do it myself ....... The stuff sells for $ 25 a liter in the US....why do I want to pay someone else to do it for big $$$ ....... Pissed off that the industry and suppliers conspire to keep it all in house :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Catch 22 US will not supply due to freight and refer you back to the Aussie places. Looks to me like you have little choice.
Sounds to me like you do not get a choice. Must be a reason why they will not freight it to you. :roll:
Member DLRA 112.
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

IMHO, the reason thay wont freight is to protect their Franchises (spelling) here in Australia,, thay are ripping us off, :evil: ,,

The same problem exists with having cylinders Nicasealed, thay charge the world,, i have shipped my block to the States, repaired, Nicasealed, then ship back to Australia, total 2/3rd the price of just paying for the Nicaseal process here, :roll: ,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
hawkwind

Post by hawkwind »

One U.S supplier said they could supply it as they ship it overseas all the time...... asked for my shipping address ...... when they found out It was to Aussie they said it would cost more than $120 us to ship and asked if I was still interested ....... I said yes give me a firm qoute ....... they replied that they could not send it to Australia now .....suggested I approach there agent here ....... aussie agent said no to selling the coating only interested in doing the job.

Maybe I can find someone in the states to purchase it and send it on? anyone have contacts over there?

Gary
RGV

Post by RGV »

Im doing the same thing with my barrels. Sending them to the UK including return freight 2/3 the price and getting ceramic coating instead of nicosil. A saving of $300 over sending to Melbourne. Thats the price of the pistons and gaskets. Cant work it out. :roll:

Hey Gary what do you want to get coated?

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)
2017 MPS/F 250 DNF
ChrisACT

Post by ChrisACT »

I got a quote to do various bit of my 2 stroke single engine from http://www.performancecoating.com.au/

They're in Sydney (Rydalmere).

Piston crown $25+ gst
Combustion chamber 55+gst
Exhaust duct 20+

They also do thermal dispersant ceramic coatings (good for radiators, intercoolers and air cooled cylinders.

By the time I do all of those and the outside of the barrel, exhaust system and a bunch of spare pistons, I suppose I'll be up for $400 or so.
hawkwind

Post by hawkwind »

Dave ... im fabricating some new headers and dump pipes and fitting a larger turbo ....... Been advised that it would be advantagous to coat said items because of the extreme conditions my set up and exotic fuels place on them ...cannot afford inconnel or titanium :shock: and because i operate on a paupers budget I try and do most things myself....just pissed off that there is a substantal saving to be had here and for what ever reason this product cannot be purchased in Australia or shipped here? yet is is freely available in the northern hemi.

Obviously it can be brought into the country as there are quite a few companies offering this type of service. From what I can google it seems to all come out of the U.S.....fleabay sell it but limited to the northern hemi or just the U.S. and Canada....if there is a ban on it comming by airlines then surly it can come by ship..... but none of the U.S. suppliers are willing or interested in doing that ....... seems im snookered :evil:
Rob

Post by Rob »

Get onto anyone down there that imports vehicle Gary,

Buy the stuff, send it to their shipper and voila.

Be sure on the forwarder's requirements for addressing and that the seller addresses it as such.

You'd be amazed at the number of parcels at freight forwarders that only have the freight forwarders name and address. They sit there until a customer rings and says where my xxxx?

If I was still shipping I'd bring it in at cost, 1 litre is nothing in a container. Maybe you should bring in a box and flog them off here.

Cheers,
Rob
I owe, I owe, so off to work I go.
SPOOK

Post by SPOOK »

Hawky. What I suggest you do is register a company name like " Ultra ceramic coatings Australia" or something like that that sounds BIG DEAL and send the company that sells the product an Email that you see a large opportunity in the market and are pre pared to spend big dollars on this adventure. Of course you will need pricing on large quantities of the product. I dare say you will get a reply and then you ask for a small amount, like , maybe 20 litres for testing purposes....Cheers..Russell.
internetscooter

Post by internetscooter »

Try the UK or Germany - a few years ago the US "used" to be the cheapest place for scooter performance bits but the pound/euro has dropped and they also now have reasonable shipping rates (Germany used to be particularly bad). There are a lot of DIY tuners in those countries so you may have more luck.
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

https://plus.google.com/105236736922005 ... l=au&hl=en This link may help you. I recall seeing them some time ago at a trade show.
I think they are UK based with a set up in Adelaide.
Member DLRA 112.
RGV

Post by RGV »

Hey Gary, not sure if this is up to the task. Its available in Aust. Might be OK for the pipes and a Turbo Blanket for ya hair dryer.

http://www.ppcco.com.au/paints.htm

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turbo-Blanke ... 500wt_1180

Dave

Last Minute Racing
DLRA #928

2010 MPS/G 250 118 MPH
2011 Washed Out
2012 Washed Out
2013 MPS/G 250 131 MPH (RECORD)
2014 MPS/G 250 140 MPH (RECORD)
2015 MPS/F 250 DNF
2016 MPS/F 250 114 MPH (RECORD)