Damaged Kawasaki ZX12R Head

List Land Speed and Salt Lake items you want to buy here

Moderators: DLRA, WANTED

Stayt`ie

Damaged Kawasaki ZX12R Head

Post by Stayt`ie »

would like to get a damaged (beyond repair) ZX12R head so i can section thru the port area,, would be willing to share photos and information with whoever can supply one,, :D ,,
First Australian to ride a motorcycle over 200mph at Bonneville,,,
internetscooter

Re: Damaged Kawasaki ZX12R Head

Post by internetscooter »

Stayt`ie wrote:would like to get a damaged (beyond repair) ZX12R head so i can section thru the port area,, would be willing to share photos and information with whoever can supply one,, :D ,,
What do you mean by "section through the port area"?

I have a method of getting port info with a wand scanner http://www.vespalabs.org/User:Internets ... _Port_Maps

I have also used latex rubber to make a mold of ports.

So you can get a bit of info without cutting anything up ;)
Paul
---
DLRA #647
89.664 mph (aiming for 100mph+)
www.vespalabs.org
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

Paul, with the two strokes its pretty easy to see the ports shape design etc, however with the Kawasaki one dosent know at any given point how much meat is between the waterjacket area and the port, :? , if i can sorce a stuffed head the idea is to put a bandsaw cut through the exhaust and inlet port to determine if i can grind the shape required into either port,, also want to cut #1 or #4 straight across the head, center to the bore, bolt it on and have a look,, :wink: ,,,
hawkwind

Post by hawkwind »

Mmmmmmm........seems the race is on to be the first in Aus to do 200+ naked :twisted: or are you aiming for bigger fish state side? :shock: 8)
Vehicle......................A new creation.
Designed by................Troglodyte.
Engineered/ built by......Rustic.
Financed by.................Nickles & Dimes.
Rider......................... Tardus Vetus Inflatio
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

hawkwind wrote:Mmmmmmm........seems the race is on to be the first in Aus to do 200+ naked :twisted: or are you aiming for bigger fish state side? :shock: 8)
Both, :mrgreen:

the little 1286 motor ran at this years event is good for +200, and will be left the way it is for Bonneville and next years Gairdner, :D ,, i have a second motor which is a duplicate of the motor in the bike, there is "always" more performance to be had, have a few ideas that i want to develop, so lets chop up a head and see if these ideas are feasible, :) ,,,
momec3

Post by momec3 »

Funny story but true,

Back in my SupaDupa Car days we just changed from C3 Yates heads to D3.
These came raw unported so part of the deal was to work out how much material we had to work with and where.

The Boss took the brand new raw head to the hospital and explained to the confused people in the MRI section what he wanted. They were (thankfully) a little interested in the unusual patient so shoved the cylinder head through the machine then supplied all the images on a disc in 1mm slices from both directions. They were duly paid with enough team shirts and hats to satisfy them and we got extremely accurate pics of the head.
Forgot now if it was MRI or CT scanner but they made sure it had nothing magnetic in it so presume it was MRI.
This was a few years ago so can mention it now without being locked up I hope :lol:

Chris
Chris
Stayt`ie

Post by Stayt`ie »

my cousen is a doctor in town here, was thinking of running that story by him to see what strings he may have been able to pull, :lol: , but, ive got onto a head in Kansas so i guess its back to the band saw, 8) ,,