BUB 2014

Go here to find out what's happening in the rest of the world

Moderator: DLRA

russelllowe

BUB 2014

Post by russelllowe »

Hi All,

I'm new to this site and by way of introduction I'm a Kiwi based in Sydney (8 years now).

I went to BUB in 2013 and raced a 1974 CB750 SOHC with an aluminium dustbin faring that was all faceted aluminium (which I made myself). I also ran a 1992 GSXR1100 with an 80's superbike fairing and a mate had a 1980 CB750 DOHC. We ran them all in the Run What cha Brung class. We called ourselves Team Black (and started a company called The Black Motorcycles straight afterwards, some Bonniville pictures on our website here: http://www.theblackmotorcycles.com/)

We had a fantastic time; which brings me to BUB 2014.

This time I'd like to take a bike from Sydney ... I'm working on a 2007 MV Agusta Brutale 910r with another dustbin fairing.

From first quotes, it looks like it'll cost about $3,000 to get it there and back.

So my question is, is that ballpark, and is anyone interested in sharing a container and costs?

Cheers

Russell
Greg Watters

Re: BUB 2014

Post by Greg Watters »

Hi Russell
We will be going back again, 7th yr for us, generally take a container if we can get ~4-5 bikes and go general freight if less
usually ship the bikes ~7 July , gets them there about a week before Bubs and leave after shootout usually ~25 Sept or near those dates depending on weekends etc
shipping and port fees are about 1250 each way /bike, less if we get more people interested , more if the aussie $ stays down where it is now
canet and other paperwork is done as a group rather than 5 individual sets and associated fees
shipping is from Melbourne to Oakland

cheers
Greg