Commodore Valuables

Moderator: DLRA

Dr Goggles

Commodore Valuables

Post by Dr Goggles »

Hi all
After our shift to using V6 Commodore motors I have some questions for the forum.I thought jeez if I can find a tame Scrappy I'll make a standing offer of $200 to rat VN onwards Commodores , get 'em dropped on the nature strip and picked up afterwards ...a good "value adding " prop for a Scrappy .Whaddayaknow! ..I just heard a knock on the door and there's a bloke making me an offer for a car I've got out the front .I said " nah that's stayin' there but I want to talk to you about something else...." No worries !

What else is valuable in those models( VN onwards)? I mean smaller stuff ...we won't be using the injection , computer ,auto or rear end ......It'd be a shame to take what we want to find out that we could have covered some of the cost by ratting out certain bits....any tips????????????

Yell out if it sounds like I might find something you want , I can be bought for very little beer .

I should be able to handle about six replies from the Ford :twisted: guys saying , NOTHING!!!

Thanks Racers , Ricers( Dave) , Builders and Bol D`Ors ( when's it comin' Graeme?)
momec

Post by momec »

C'mon
Be easier finding water on Uranus than finding something to value in a VN. :P
Chris
gennyshovel

VN valuables

Post by gennyshovel »

HA! ,I worked on the VN assembly line in a past life,,most wagons have something of value hidden in the rear panel beneath the number plate spot,,a pair of good fluffy gloves :lol:
(they were usually rolled up and smouldering @ the time they were hidden)
Last edited by gennyshovel on Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tiny DLRA# 484
Postiebike Racing , created & funded by TwoBob Engineering
momec

Post by momec »

Were these an kind option so you woul'nt get cold hands pushing your new valuable VN when the fuel pump failed in the winter? :wink:
Dr Goggles

bastards

Post by Dr Goggles »

..no one mentioned checking for change under the seats..or draining the fuel tank..any other ideas?
:wink:
Dr Goggles

spare change

Post by Dr Goggles »

$200 , I must've lost me mind...going rate out here in the western suburbs seems to be $125 delivered for a bare long motor...we bought a complete one with ancillaries off a couple who wreck 'em and sell bits on Ebay(thirty odd items up at once)...." I just like pullin' things apart.!." that's what he said....I thought to myself , thats a cheaper hobby than salt flat racin'...........
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Dr Goggles

Complete V6

Post by Dr Goggles »

I picked up a motor today and after a long time of thinking one would be handy I made an A frame gantry that I can take apart , jeez I hate engine hoists. So I got the V6 dragged it down the drive hoisted it , dropped it in AND.....it fits like, well , something that fits REALLY well !! hell we might even be able to get the air-con going :lol: sounds kind of silly but I was worried that the piece of string we'd used to measure it all up might have shrunk, or....., I dunno ,somethin', but there you go it fits just like it was designed for it.......

...I sat there with , a couple of beers , just starin' at it .

..we....are....going.....to......be....there....
Goggles
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

T'is a good feeling when something comes together :D
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
Dr Goggles

inching ahead

Post by Dr Goggles »

agreed Gary,
we made a little progress today , finalized the front radius arm mounts by putting bungs through the frame tube..(managed to f--- one with the mig) and trimmed the spring eyes off the front of them . We cut the slots in the seat for the harness ,it all seems to go well however looking at the rules and the installation instructions and where we had to put it meant that it would work a lot better without the cross over buckle that goes behind the driver.Quick call to Wayne Mumford and we were sorted ,take off the buckle and mount it square over the shoulders, Wayne is the embodiment of the salt mentality ,always willing to help and a fantastic bloke..and a bit of a smart arse.He gave us the rest of the small tank that he made the screen surround and rear cowl for the Wazavudu from for us to use for same...it was within five percent of what we'd modelled..spooky.He's been a great help with his advice to us and when we first met him , after he'd figured we were in this "build a tank thing " for real , just said "whatever you do you , just keep going"...simple but good advice because very,very,very, occasionally you find yourself thinking...F.M.D.T.I.R.H.W!

A beer for anyone who can tell me what that one means...
Greg Watters

Post by Greg Watters »

Something about your dog and this is realy hard work :lol:
DLRA
Site Admin

Post by DLRA »

#### Me Doing This Is Real Hard Work

I'll make that a Melbourne Bitter, served icy cold, on the Wednesday night at the auction.......... :lol:
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
Dr Goggles

Very good class!

Post by Dr Goggles »

I guess that's a beer for both , D was for Dead ,trust a farmer to mention mans best friend :lol: ( BTW: where ya at G.W)...must be a really common feeling...............neighbours are suffering too...it would have been quieter ( and no more difficult) if we'd just bought a 4m by 1m by 1m billet and carved it out of that with a cold chisel , in an air hammer.

That said ...one of my neighbours aint quite all there...and she's got a Karaoke machine AND a tambourine but she doesn't have a voice or a sense of rhythm...her favorite song is the Seekers "Morning Town Ride"....#$@%&^*$@#%^.....%$@##&#^%#$@% :x :evil: :cry: :evil:
Last edited by Dr Goggles on Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momec

Post by momec »

I've found that not all neighbours understand our hobby!
They really do need to get a real life don't they?
Chris
Dr Goggles

Hobbys

Post by Dr Goggles »

...yes Chris there is life outside the DLRA , but not as we know it.... :shock:
momec

Post by momec »

We should be sympathetic, surely these a reason God created Volvos? I think they were for these people. :cry: