DLRA Life Membership / Hall of Fame

Go here for general DLRA News

Moderator: DLRA

DLRA
Site Admin

DLRA Life Membership / Hall of Fame

Post by DLRA »

At the AGM Mark Dunn suggested that we discuss life membership.
This was considered by the committee to be an excellent idea.
Now we just have to come up with criteria for nomination for life membership.
Is it for service to the club?
Or number of active years as a member?
How many do we allocate per year?

Discuss.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA 112

Re: DLRA Life Membership / Hall of Fame

Post by DLRA 112 »

Service to the Club I vote for GW to be nominated. I guess a few others will comment on what criteria is required to be nominated.
Member DLRA 112.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

Contribution and service to the club over time.
Norm

Post by Norm »

I will move that all we need is a seconder.
Lynchy

Post by Lynchy »

I think Greg was looking for discussion as to what the criteria should be for life membership if it is voted in at a proper meeting. I don't think he was looking for nominations and voting (although I agree with his nomination). As per my previous post I think it should be based on the contribution and service made to the club over a long period of time. It should be recognition for effort put in over many years and dedication to the sport of land speed racing in Australia. I started to think of who I would nominate and can think of around 10 that I would immediately have no hesitation with. It's not just about the racing though. There are many factors that need to be evaluated. I'd suggest a committee to review nominations and have maybe two to five inductions a year???

Lynchy
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

Lynchy wrote:I think Greg was looking for discussion as to what the criteria should be for life membership if it is voted in at a proper meeting. I don't think he was looking for nominations and voting (although I agree with his nomination). As per my previous post I think it should be based on the contribution and service made to the club over a long period of time. It should be recognition for effort put in over many years and dedication to the sport of land speed racing in Australia. I started to think of who I would nominate and can think of around 10 that I would immediately have no hesitation with. It's not just about the racing though. There are many factors that need to be evaluated. I'd suggest a committee to review nominations and have maybe two to five inductions a year???

Lynchy
Oh I agree. Yes Greg is asking for criteria and my post was a little tongue in cheek as we all know just how much Greg does for the DLRA.
Member DLRA 112.
Norm

Post by Norm »

so was mine. I was agreeing with service to the club