Cross Border Travel Update

Other News, Views and topics.

Moderators: DLRA, Rob Carroll, OLDtimer, outbacktrev, Peter Noy

DLRA
Site Admin

Cross Border Travel Update

Post by DLRA »

All travellers coming to South Australia must complete the Cross Border Travel Registration at least 7 days prior to travel, irrespective of whether they are from a low community transmission zone or a prescribed location. As of the 4th Feb, for residents in Regional Victoria or NSW or people who have been in regional Victoria or NSW for the 14 days before entering South Australia there are no restrictions. For residents of the greater Melbourne and Sydney areas, you now have to get tested on the 1st, 5th and 12th day after you enter South Australia. NOTE: the DLRA medical team can do day 5 COVID-19 tests at the lake for entrants and crew only.
For more information read the Travel Restrictions
https://www.covid-19.sa.gov.au/restrict ... ictions#sa

Travellers must complete a separate Cross Border Travel Registration for each person in your travelling party including all children. You will experience delays on arrival if you have not completed an application for each person.
Use this link to complete the form - Cross Border Travel Registration
https://forms.police.sa.gov.au/Runtime/ ... h170PTxGo8
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor
DLRA
Site Admin

Re: Cross Border Travel Update

Post by DLRA »

There have been reports this afternoon that South Australia are closing it's borders to people from metropolitan Melbourne due to the rise in COVID-19 infections from the Holiday Inn outbreak. From the reports that I have read so far there will be no change of restrictions for people in regional Victoria. NOTE: They are currently under no restrictions to SA at all.
Of the 158 actual people we have entered for Speed Week, 29 of these are from Victoria and 22 are from metropolitan Melbourne and would be affected if this restriction were to stay in place for the next 26 days.
Fortunately most of the critical DLRA officials required to run Speed Week, reside in regional Victoria. For myself, if this restriction is still in place, at the appropriate time, I will be moving to regional Victoria 14 days before we head to SA (as is permitted). I already have my SA border permit to this effect.
Additional to this, from my estimate there are about 12 New South Wales entrants who are in hotspots described by South Australia who would be required to undergo 1, 5 and 12 day COVID-19 testing once they cross into South Australia.
This DOES NOT mean the end of Speed Week for 2021, far from it. As I have said to anyone that has enquired, things will change, more than likely quickly and often and we won't really know what restrictions will be imposed upon us until they happen.
Keep the shiney side up........
DLRA WebMaster / Editor