Fuel Classes

Moderator: DLRA

big al

Fuel Classes

Post by big al »

Hay i was wondering if one of you guys could tell me if there is a class for alternative fuel lakester, or car :?: , because i was thinking of making one out of a Diesel engine and running it on an organic oil. :lol:
Dr Goggles

Got something against spark plugs?

Post by Dr Goggles »

Good question! Big Al!! :wink:
....check out .Engines 3.1 in the rulebook which is downloadable from this site.....

I can see it now a streamliner belting down the course running on second hand chip oil with a whole flock of sea-gulls after it :lol:

that said you might find that the records for diesel are pretty "soft" so no-one will be laughing for long! in fact you could stick your name up in almost any capacity class in Lakester or Streamliner .....there's not even a record for E/diesel at Bonneville...which gives you an idea of how under represented they are.

get studying and check out landracing.com for more discussions on the diesel LSR caper

......you could of course build up a hot diesel for us to put in our bellytank :D ...." salt on these chips mate?"...,
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
momec

Post by momec »

Yeah there was seagulls there one year I've got photos of them at the start line, so be a bit carefull of the chip oil. As long as you keep the seagulls behind the centre of pressure you should be right. :lol:

You've come to the right place for technical advice, good luck
Chris
Acme Racing #251
big al

Queston time...

Post by big al »

Ok diesal or otto engens can compet in any class but vintge rodester but I just have a few questions about this.

1. is there a spisific class for alternat fual or do you just compeat in unblone fuel?

2.how do i know when i make a recored that it is for diesal?

3.If i competed in class F would i have to beat Paul Broughan or wouldent he count because its not a diesal?

4.last but not least do you have any idear where i can get a belly tank with no engine?

Thanks for the help guys 8)
PJQ2

Post by PJQ2 »

Not sure whether we've seen a diesel car run at Speed Week (usually they're trucks). I think the class would be a "D" version of what ever car class the vehicle fits into. Get yourself along to the July meeting for better answers, and the motivation that comes from meeting like minded geniuses. You might even meet someone that knows a buddy, that knows a farmer with a tank sitting in a paddock.

There's a breakdown of car classes here:
http://www.dlra.org.au/carclass.htm

A Pommy deisel streamliner is under construction, due to run in the US this year.
http://www.jcbdieselmax.com/html/home.php

Regs,
PJQ
Velocity Science Laboratories