Streamliner Bike Help

Moderator: DLRA

scooner car

Streamliner Bike Help

Post by scooner car »

I am considering building(from scratch) a Streamliner V8 bike similar to Lucky Keizer Merlin Streamliner.I have a few idears kicking around in my head(mainly how i will do the motor&drive train)I was just wondering where i should start&where i can get some pictures/idears?
Many thanks Scott
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

Hey Scott,
Post on landracing.com the guys are more than keen to help,
I'm also taking alot of interest in the alltime fastest bike record, I would like to see my name up there with those legends,

I need to get my 07 project finished first,,,,
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

Geez ,another one ,looks like I may live long enough to see the Aussie streamliner wars :lol: the list is growing longer ,best of luck :wink: I hope you have shares in the reserve bank ,I started on a full blown streamliner 7 years ago ,it got to a rolling chasis stage ,and thats most likely were it will remain , I estimated to finish it and be able to compete with the big boys I would 1. need 150K + and 2.scrap what I had built and start again :cry:
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200
DirtyDave

Post by DirtyDave »

You Gary
I was always going to stay riding open class, its to much fun, was thinking of building a mini streamliner like the 50cc jigger that just ran 133mph at the bub meet, looks like some interesting technology and not to serious on the shpindoolies,,would only build with an offsider riding and having sharing the costs, 250cc would fly,
Don't Worry, It only seems Kinky the first time..
hawkwind racing

Post by hawkwind racing »

All those streamliner runs at Bubs were bloody awsome ,but as good as the big boys were ,that 50cc liner was the outstanding achiever :wink: 130+ mph , oh and dave I dont think trying to beat that will be easy or cheap that record stood for 50 years yes 50 years before it was bettered this year Dave I'll stick trying to be the first non streamliner to crack 300 mph as Its never been done ,come to think of it neither has 200mph by a 250cc ,thats another worthy project :wink: :D
Gary
fastest busa in Captains flat pop. 200