Hot 202 engine

List your Land Speed and Salt Lake cars and parts for sale here

Moderators: DLRA, FOR SALE

Dr Goggles

Re: yes your honour

Post by Dr Goggles »

A
Dr Goggles wrote:."So , no compliance plate for the gas hey?... it's probably not registered with VicRoads for LPG then , looks like we'll be getting the man of steel to pay for it then"....Yes folks the good old $2000 gubbmint grant to install a gas system , dash it all...seems a terrible waste when there's one there. .........

After several PM's wondering whether it was wise to write the above statement when it appears to be fraud , or at least not that legal....I'll explain a little better. The system that is currently in the ute is not legal , the ute needs to be tested for a roadworthy certificate, no LPG compliance ,no RWC. The $2000 doesn't go in my pocket .It doesn't go into the mechanic's until he has installed a new gas system . The bonus to me is that I get a system that will be complied for ten years at no additional cost , same as any other punter who fronts for the Govt. scheme. There ,now you can all sleep at night. :)
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Reverend Hedgash

Post by Reverend Hedgash »

Ahhhh... the sweet landracing community.

Lovingly folding their arms around a member and assisting him in covering up what they thought was breaking the law...

Dr Go, can you send the addresses of those that helped you out so I can have a place to go when I'm on the lam?

rH+
thinking of doing a runner...
DLRA Member#412
momec

Post by momec »

Hi Doc
I've been off air for a while, can you direct me to the graft and corruption office please. I'd like a new tank, a solar power supply, I think I'll fit a gas system to the street ute,
Oh whats that, its an election year did you say. Oh sorry theres no graft and corruption in politics, Im sorry I must have been mistaken.
Chris :lol:
Acme Racing #251
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Norm wrote:Thank you Don. Glad to see some remembers the old 202 even if it did blow you way. hehehehheheh. Ya could never just get there could ya. So much for old techknowledge hay Don. :D :D :D

It good to see its going in to the ute. Will make a mean road car but me thinks the cam :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: will need to be changed.

Hay this whole post is great. All the banter that goes on.

Norm
OK OK , but how many records does the 202 hold or that great big truck motor you got in it now . I hold the F/PRO and F/GC records , so i win again :D :D :D
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
RED NISSAN WAGON 1986 # 281
2002 F/PRO 125.4 MPH RECORD
2003 F/PRO 140.2 MPH RECORD
2005 F/GC 137.9 MPH RECORD
2006 F/GC 141.1 MPH RECORD
1/4 mile ( drags ) @ Willowbank 14.15 @ 97.61 mph August 2006
Norm

Post by Norm »

Thanks Don for your kind words of wisdom :D :P :wink:
Well ya win this one but then again how many laps ya done? 8) :shock: :o

The 292 is ready to rock and roll. Just wait till ya see it So how the plastic fantastic going? 8) :lol: :shock: :D :) :( :o :oops: :P :x :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen:
DON NOBLE

Post by DON NOBLE »

Norm wrote:Thanks Don for your kind words of wisdom :D :P :wink:
Well ya win this one but then again how many laps ya done? 8) :shock: :o

The 292 is ready to rock and roll. Just wait till ya see it So how the plastic fantastic going? 8) :lol: :shock: :D :) :( :o :oops: :P :x :cry: :wink: :roll: :twisted: :evil: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :mrgreen:

laps ... me thinks the red wagons done about 350.000 kms now .
Still progressing with the alooominum 4.1 ltr dohc V8 .
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
Dr Goggles

The thread that will not die!!

Post by Dr Goggles »

Now ,now ,you two!! .....Norm's right about laps , I reckon they should be called Merry-Go-Round Racing , but on the other hand how many times have you driven that Nissan eyeline down from Queersland and raced it and then driven it back again Don , you guys put us all to shame ( some, me :oops: , more than others)..........

Made some enquiries about a cam for the 202 , huh?, what 202 :? .....OHHHHHHHHHH :lol: :lol: the one that this thread is all about.......the old coot I was talking to reckoned I'd be blowing head gaskets at 10.8:1 on LPG.....he based his opinion on a 250 crossflow he had.....I'm thinking the gasket on one of those is pretty feeble on the drivers side of the rear pot......any one else???? he's the first person I've had who's been down on the idea.

Carry on.

I was just thinking :idea: after watching Norm and Don shaping up that maybe there could be some sort of points system for SpeedWeek for a Top Competitor trophy......like maybe 1 point for a run , five for an empty record , ten for a contested record and twenty for a two club record , what do people think?
...few understand what I'm trying to do , but they vastly outnumber those who understand why..
Norm

Post by Norm »

Avro Mr Goggles.

We get our cams from Wade cams. If ya want a good cam and depends on what ya doing? a wade 121 is perfect but you will need to check out the gas part. Yes its a solid grind and it sound bloody great.

Hay I like ya idea. Maybe animal can award the points? 8) :lol: and you get your award at the action.

So what do we call it. Well the ANIMAL Award

Animal does a great job and is willing to help anyone even if he is in his jocks. 8) :D :twisted: :evil: Now that would make a good trophy :twisted: :evil: :?:

So Don maybe you can be the first to get the award :twisted: :twisted:

What do ya guys think?
Dr Goggles

Post by Dr Goggles »

Norm wrote:Avro Mr Goggles.
We get our cams from Wade cams. If ya want a good cam and depends on what ya doing? a wade 121 is perfect but you will need to check out the gas part. Yes its a solid grind and it sound bloody great.

Wade were recomended to me as being better than the "other" crowd , but they weren't the ones I was talking to.....I will , like I will see you Saturday Norm. :wink:

The Animal Award would be just right methinks , ask him what he reckons about it.

2roo
Dr Goggles

All said and done

Post by Dr Goggles »

O.K you can all stop worrying now . The 202 is safely ensconced in my laundry after Norm and Graham dropped it off yesterday.It all went smoothly except that those two had to suffer me crapping on at 'em about stuff for what must have seemed like a week .We talked about salt stuff , and other salt stuff and then more salt stuff....who ever would have thought.

:lol:

Thanks blokes.
DON NOBLE

Re: All said and done

Post by DON NOBLE »

Dr Goggles wrote:O.K you can all stop worrying now . The 202 is safely ensconced in my laundry after Norm and Graham dropped it off yesterday.It all went smoothly except that those two had to suffer me crapping on at 'em about stuff for what must have seemed like a week .We talked about salt stuff , and other salt stuff and then more salt stuff....who ever would have thought.

:lol:

Thanks blokes.

In the laundry . oh gees , giving it a wash , watch it on the spin cycle , or it it going to pwr the washing machine , oh gees I,m funny !!!!
NOW LIVE IN NEW ZEALAND
grumm441

is this thread still going

Post by grumm441 »

In the laundry?

Good thing you've got a front loader

G
Dr Goggles

Yep

Post by Dr Goggles »

I've got it hooked up to the mangle and the cooling system filling the copper....mate ,it cranks !, it could wring tears out of a hangmans hankey.....

The ute goes for RWC tomorrow , the gas tank has been certified( it's fully mental) In the mean time I had to get it running on petrol...lets just say there was about a litre of water in the fuel tank and about a kilo of something made from corroded cheese in the fuel bowl...two cannibalised strombergs and a bloody near miss with a fire thanks to a crapped out needle and seat and it runs like a New Delhi bottom.....I sorted the lights out ...fought with all the usual old holden stuff( low beam , dim indicators , earthing through the brake lights , no dome light , other crap) and made a position indicator for the trans out of a piece of perspex and a white paint pen . Got involved in cleaning up the floor under the ute deck while i had the lpg tank out , shutz....managed to get pretty good coverage with that and I got some in the ute too. It peaked at about nine degrees and I got rained on...I need a job in an office. :lol: :lol:

can someone start another thread? :wink:
panhead_pete

Post by panhead_pete »

Sorry Norm I have been overseas for a couple of months, is YOUR 202 sold now?
Dreaming of the salt in 08.
DLRA 112

Post by DLRA 112 »

panhead_pete wrote:Sorry Norm I have been overseas for a couple of months, is YOUR 202 sold now?

I hear you went to Japan ??? :shock: :?: Di you see any Hot Rods :?:
Member DLRA 112.