Push / Support / Recovery Vehicles
All competitors both car and motorcycle require a push / support / recovery vehicle and a team of at least one person to act as support for that competitor. Support vehicles and teams can be shared between competitors.
Push / Support / Recovery vehicles can be used by teams for a variety of activities on the Lake.
Typically can be used to push start a vehicle or provide starting equipment for a vehicle.
They can provide shade and supplies supporting the competition vehicle and the driver / rider at the startline.
They are also used for competition vehicle recovery at the end of a run.
Each Support vehicle must be registered and have 3rd party insurance and have a minimum equipment level and appropriate identification, including;
- a rotating amber or orange roof light (55 watt globe or Class 1 LED as a minimum)
- an operational 5 watt (min) UHF 2 way radio mounted in the vehicle (UHF channel 10) (handheld CB radios do not qualify due to limited range and power)
- a first aid kit
- a 2.5kg fire extinguisher
- a spill kit (see below)
- tarps for the support vehicle and competition vehicle
- identification that it is a support vehicle (to be supplied by Registration Van)
Spill kit includes;
- Wide flat mouth shovel
- Broom and a small brush and shovel
- Absorbent material, granules and or mat (diatomaceous earth or kitty litter)
- Rags and or paper towels
- Heavy duty plastic bags
- Gloves (leather or rubber)
- Eye and face protection
- And a container to hold it all in, that can double as a container for contaminants. Like the 52 litre bins you can buy at your local hardware. Or a bucket with a screw lid.
There are designated access roads from the edge of the lake to the pits and to the start line, from the pits to the end of the track and returning to the pits.
There is also a designated road for recovery vehicles to proceed from the Start Line to where the vehicle come to rest.
Support vehicles must use these roads only at all times on the lake. See Track Layout Map.
Drivers of support vehicles are recommended to attend drivers and or rookies meetings at the start of each day to ensure they have the latest information.
Support vehicles must be presented with the competition vehicle when it is undergoing it's Technical Inspection.
Learn More ...
- Entry Form
- DLRA Competition Licence
- DLRA Rule Book
- Vehicle Inspection
- Entrants Briefing
- Push car / Support Vehicle
- Starters Instructions
- Track Layout / Marking
- Rookie Orientation
- Forms and Documents
- Technical Inspection
- B-1 Scrutineers Car Inspection & Classification Form [PDF]
- B-2 Scruitneers Motorcycle Inspection & Classification Form [PDF]
- Race Car Engineering [PDF]